Macbook wireless constantly dropping??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by munckee, Feb 8, 2009.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

I'm having trouble with my macbook. It's dropping the wireless signal right and left...sorta. Airport isn't disconnecting, it just stops recognizing the signal until I cycle the airport card off and on. Anyone have thoughts?

2. om3ga785 macrumors member

are you getting "connection timeouts" or is the airport just automatically disconnecting you from your router?

the timeouts issue seems to be something that's been going on for a bit. i had it happen to me once. hasn't done it since......yet....

3. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

I get this so much that it it the one thing I really can't take about my Macbook. It happens to both my original one and my replacement. It definitely happens more frequently at home. We are talking about every 15 - 30 min. I have to keep doing "Join Network", re-entering my SSID then log in. This is crazy. Meanwhile we have 4 Thinkpads that never drop the signal so it is clearly the Macbook.

I am running a Dlink DI-524 with WPA-PSK and no SSID broadcast. Do I need to change some of the router settings? Getting desperate here. I am even thinking of trying to change my router/AP.

4. davelees1 macrumors newbie

Try this!

Make sure Multicast Streams in 'ENABLED' under the 'Tools' Tab. We had the same problem until we enabled it.

5. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

Thanks for the suggestion. I just went in and checked and it is Enabled. I disabled it and re-Enabled it to be sure. While I was at it I Disabled the Gaming Mode to see if it helps.

6. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Don't think it's disconnecting from the router since airport is still showing a connection. Just won't load anything. It LOOKS like it's connected correctly. It ACTS like the airport is turned off.

7. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5