macBook wireless goes on and off every 10 seconds

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aolmos24, Sep 2, 2009.

1. aolmos24 macrumors newbie

I hope someone can help.
    I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. (had no problems before).
    It started last week, but a day before was fine.

the problem is that I log in to my macbook... it gets connected to the wireless, but after 10 seconds it turns off.. then on again in 10 seconds.. and so off again... and so on..

I tried to configure the internet connection... but doesn't give me any errors...

what can it be?

my husband gets connected fine... but he has a microsoft... not sure what it is. if it's the router... why doesn't he have problems with the same thing?.
    :confused:

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

3. KielderWolf macrumors regular

KielderWolf

Some Intel machines running Leopard are having this issue apparently, there is a fix posted on System Update.

Does this issue only occur when you are running off battery power?

4. aolmos24 thread starter macrumors newbie

not much

last time I tried to get in it didn't have much battery.
    I'll charge it tonight and check it out. I hope that is the problem. I'll let you know. Thanks :rolleyes:

5. donaghy macrumors member

ok i was in at the genius bar today with the same similar issue. My wireless connection is very intermitant, it goes from excellent condition to poor randomly.

They genius guys says its a failing airport card, would need replaced. £30 or so for new airport card, its easy to replace yourself, lots of guides on net. You'd be payin £90 or so if you get apple to do it ... unless your still under warranty or applecare.