Macbook wireless trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maxattack13, Nov 14, 2009.

1. maxattack13 macrumors newbie

I have a macbook aluminum 2.4 ghz processor. I bought the mac in March, and the wireless has always worked fine. I came to school in september and we had to connect to the schools wireless and for the first 3 weeks it worked fine. Now everytime I try to connect it will say im connected but give me the self assigned Ip address stuff. Now I can connect and it sais I'm connected and I can go to my main schools webpage and browse on that but when I try to go to a website such as google.com it will say it is connecting to the Cisco authentication page that we have to sign into like once a week and it will stop trying to connect to that page and safari sais it can't connect to the internet. I need serious help, I've called apple and they've been no help and neither has my schools tech. Also I just was home a few days ago and had no problems connecting to my home wireless.

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

I don't think I can help you but I can say that I have similar issues with my early 2008 white MacBook 2.4 GHz.

3. kenloen macrumors newbie

as your connecting to the intranet pages at school, and can connect to the outside world elsewhere - I think you might have a DNS resolving problem whilst at school. I recently had similar issues but found I could ping 4.2.2.2 from my home network. I added this to the DNS lookup table and all good. do a quick search for evil netgear problem in this forum..