Macbook Wireless

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HaGG, Apr 21, 2008.

1. HaGG macrumors member

I can't hold my tongue (or fingers) anymore! This thing is driving me crazy.

I purchased my macbook in December 2007, everything but the wireless still works fine, I have kept the machine pretty much "stock" since I bought it apart from the odd apple software update here and there.

The wireless has always been an issue, It's fix is something I constantly keep searching on these forums for and it's very important to my use. I first put it down to a software update that is needed or a possible issue with my router, but after a couple of updates and now over 5 months :eek:, I'm wondering if my machine is to blame?

I recently purchased an iPhone and the wireless has been great, it never drops no matter where I am in my home or garden. Windows laptops also work fine.

The issue with my macbook is that the connection just drops, I've never had a session without needing to do something to the airport. On a regular basis I shut down because of frustration, It can permanently keep disconnecting.

The macbook could be moving or stationery, 30 cm to the router or 20 ft, the results are the same.

I really hope the issue is with hardware, not software as 5 months to me is unacceptable for a software fix, but looking at forums Apple doesn't seem to like replacing for Airport issues.

What are my options? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

uhm if its still underwarntee send it or take it to the apple store...?

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

if it makes you feel any better its not software, outta curiosity what AP are you using?

4. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

Try to upgrade the routers firmware if possible.

5. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I have a 2.2 Blackbook. I have a airport extreme that is attached to my Comcast Internet. I have never had any problems with any of my WiFi machines while using the internet. That goes for my iPhone, PSP, Macbook, iMac, Mac Pro and Gatway PC.

6. HaGG thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply's, look's like I will need to get in touch with Apple, hopefully I won't have to fight them too much about it.

7. Pedals macrumors newbie

Mac Book Wireless

If it's any indication, the lastest software update had a firmware update. Since then my wireless has worked in the coffeeshop where it had been such a booger. When I saw firmware was listed in the updates I crossed my fingers it would positively affect the wireless function. Coincidence or not it's better, hope it is so for others that chronicled the problem(s) :)

8. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

its mostly likely software I have a similar issue with my macbook which i have hopefully touch wood solved by changing the wireless channel on my router but this is a SOFTWARE issue not hardware , apple are still trying to fix a problem they created but thats the way it goes unless you got a very new router , you are not guaranteed success wireless wise anyway.