macbook with a group of stuck pixels

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tayhoenes, Jan 16, 2008.

1. tayhoenes macrumors newbie

so I got my macbook about 3 months ago and it has a group of stuck pixels...probably 15 or so.

My question, is it normal to get a group of stuck pixels or are they usually spread out on the screen?

Has anyone had a grouping of pixels like this?
    should I have any problem getting Apple to fix it?

thanks

2. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Take it in to get fixed. Definitely not normal. You'll be looking at a 10 day turn arround per apple. My macbook pro is in getting the screen replaced now for a bright spot that appeared...but not dead pixels.

3. tayhoenes thread starter macrumors newbie

ya I need to get it fixed, I really want to know if other people have had a group of stuck pixels like me.

most forums I have read have people with a stuck pixel here and there but not a group of them.

4. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

nope, i haven't. but my suggestion is to take it in to get it fixed either way.

5. mooshi00 macrumors newbie

Has this been resolved? If so, how did you fix the pixel problem? If not, I have the same problem. There is a cluster of dead pixels on my screen as well of about 10 pixels and is driving me INSANE!

6. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

If it's new and within the first 14days, there's no reason to moan. Because you can return it to apple for a exchange (provided there's more than 5~7 pixels). If they refuse to exchange, then return it for cash!! (in the UK & JPN there's no re-stocking fee!)

7. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

jscreenfix
    run this on your screen for about 20 mins and it should work, also dont look at it too long or you will get a seasure lol
    i used it for my ACD and fixed 3 green pixels and 2 dead ones thus making my screen perfect, YEAH

8. brianp macrumors newbie

That hurts my eyes:D