Macbook with Dell Monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by T6MDMAN, May 3, 2008.

1. T6MDMAN macrumors newbie

Hello all, I got my new MB (black) and thinking about getting an external monitor, this is the one I wanna get Dell UltraSharp 2007FP 20", my question is this display resolution is 1600x1200 and MB resolution is 1280x800, when I hook them up, will it be a proportion issue? I mean will my images got stretched? or should I stay with the wide screen display?

Cheers

K :D

2. iBuferd macrumors newbie

When you hook up your second monitor it will show two option screens for desktop so you can have the second on stretch to fit or what not. Hope this helps. Usually just get your desktop images for the bigger monitor and have your mac just reduce them to fit. That way you won't get distortion

3. T6MDMAN thread starter macrumors newbie

hi iBuferd, so you mean I will have an option from system pref. and able to adjust the monitor resolution, correct?

cheers

k

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Are you looking to mirror your macbook's display onto a second screen, extend your desktop onto both screens, or only use one screen at a time?

In any case, yes, you will be able to choose from a list of available resolutions.

5. T6MDMAN thread starter macrumors newbie

Not mirror image, extend... so i can have 2 monitor space
    so the list of resolutions will be based on what my external monitor has, correct?

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Correct. :)

7. T6MDMAN thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Just an aside: The DPI of that screen in slightly lower than the DPI of the MacBook screen, so the images will look a little off in the transition between the screens. Its not that bad, since they are pretty close to one another in this regard, but something to note.