Macbook with Dualhead2Go?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacCrank, Nov 22, 2011.

1. MacCrank, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

MacCrank macrumors member

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone would know:

I have a 2007 Macbook (white) - Chipset Model: GMA X3100 and I am planning to link up 2x 24" Dell Monitors with 1920 x 1200 Res.

My Macbook only produces 1280 x 800 Res.

Questions:

1. Will the Digital Edition work on my Macbook or any benefits?

2. If so, will this upscale to 1920x1200 Res Or is the Anolog addition the only option? Which means its a waste buying 2x Dell 24" Dell Monitors (1920x 1200)??

Im a little lost with what the best solution is for my Macbook and getting the best quality out of it.
    I just want the best out of my Macbook with 2x Large Screens to do general Browsing, Stock, Films etc.

TIA

2. unixperience macrumors regular

Well I can't give too much help, but what I can tell you is the matrox kits(dual triple mini dp vga dvi hdmi whatever) treat the external screens as one giant screen. In your case one 3820x1200 screen. That may or may not be what you want. For example playing a video full screen means the video will span both screens, half the pic on one and half on the other. The menubar will be split across both screens. The matrox boxes DO NOT run as extended desktop mode.

They also need the screens to be the same size (but that doesn't seem to be a problem for you) Hope I shed a little light on the situation

As a side note, some older members (and possibly moderators) may be a bit peeved that you started 2 threads devoted to this topic (also bumping isn't really permitted)