MacBook with HDTV

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Gleadr, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Gleadr macrumors member

Gleadr

Ok I decided to purchase a 2.4 GHz unibody MacBook with 2 gigs of ram, and I also wanted to purchase a "cheaper" HDTV that has a screen under 32" I have already lookedin Sceptre buy I am discouraged by bad reviews about dead pixels. So if any of you have hooked up your MacBook to an HDTV can you put the tv brand the price and a link to it on a website? I will use the tv as an external monitor to the MacBook and have my playstation hooked up to it.

Thanks,
    Gleadr

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I'd recommend grabbing a Samsung LCD TV from amazon.com. Free shipping, generally, no sales tax, and fantastic prices.

3. clamchowderz macrumors member

i am using an HP x2408h with MDP connected to DVI-HDMI port. its nice, retails for around 400$ and it comes 24''. i really enjoy and cant wait until you streaming 1080p becomes the norm!

4. luckEseven macrumors newbie

I am using my 2.4 Unibody MB with the Display Port/VGA adapter to connect to my 42" Vizio LCD HDTV. It is 2 years old or so, and has the slower 60Hz refresh rate, but other than that it looks incredible! It's set to 1280x720 and the picture is very crisp on the TV. At the time I purchased it, it was around $1,500, now this same TV with the better 120Hz refresh rate is about $1,000 IIRC. You can get a 32" version for a LOT less than that, it'll blow your mind how good the quality is.

5. indisguise macrumors member

Samsung

I'm using mine with a 40" Samsung 650, it looks amazing and Samsung makes great LCD's, go with Samsung, and i would go with Amazon too, the one that i have it $1108 with free shipping

6. garrsmith macrumors newbie

Shopping List

So what connectors will I need for a 2.4 Unibody MacBook and a Newer Model Samsung still looking to purchase.