macbook with REALLY REALLY slow internet

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sheepopo39, May 4, 2009.

1. sheepopo39 macrumors 6502

Ok, I just came home from my cottage yesterday where I had to use dial-up on my mac, today I noticed that the internet is really really slow randomly, and it also forgot my network key a couple of times. The slowness varies and is quite random. The slowness just started and I have had my MB for around 2 years

Oh and btw its a 2nd gen macbook (late 2006) and I used it last night and it was completely fine with Skype and everything

2. sheepopo39 thread starter macrumors 6502

Also forgot to mention that it is on wifi, and that sometimes it won't even work at all

3. sheepopo39 thread starter macrumors 6502

this is really getting to me, also forgot to mention that I have had bouts of slow internet before but that was ages ago and was fixed with a new router

4. BeauGiles macrumors member

Checked your DNS settings? http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=385855

(Also, there's an edit button for posts; so that you don't have to post three separate posts for little things ;))

5. sheepopo39 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. sheepopo39 thread starter macrumors 6502

well I tried that and didn't get anything out of it, but thanks anyways, some other things I forgot to mention...

Router: 2Wire

I also forgot to note that it mainly cuts out on me than it is slow, as in, the bar is loading but it doesn't load. It is really pissing me off, cause I'm in need of it and I can't go around with an ethernet cable connected to me