MacBook with Window Vista

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bluesquirrel, May 20, 2009.

1. bluesquirrel macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I am new to Mac. So I got a Macbook last week and I try to install window Vista using bootcamp and hope that I can use some window based programs which I used to. However, when I try to install the window, I choose to format the drive named "74 GB [Bootcamp] and install it there. Once I restart the computer it just start loading window without letting me choose which OS I want to use. It scares me and I want my Mac OS back, but the computer won't let me to get into BIOs setup to boot from CD nor it recognize the installation CD that come with the computer.

What should I do if I want the Mac OS back.

Thanks everyone

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Hold down the option key while booting. It will show two hard drives representing each O/S.

3. why so serious macrumors newbie

Hold down the option key when its booting up. And you will be able to choose which OS to boot from

4. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

Also, once you get back into the MacOS, make sure you go to system preferences and go to "start up disk" and make sure you select the MacOS. That way, your MacBook will boot to OS-X by default and won't boot windows unless you hold down the option key at boot and make it do so. Hope this helps.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Go get Windows 7. I just deleted my Vista partition and replaced it with 7. No regrets! It's slick as hell, light as a feather, and faster than OS X* on the same hardware.

*as far as I can tell.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can also make this choice in Windows, but opening BootCamp preferences.