Macbook won't allow me to install from disks

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cafeaulait4u, Aug 10, 2008.

1. cafeaulait4u macrumors newbie

Each time I put in the installation disk for Office Mac 2008, my Macbook tries to read it, but will eject it within 15 seconds without allowing me to download. Is something wrong with my DVD drive? My Macbook is less than 1 year old. Not getting this at all!!

ANY help is appreciated.

2. shwc macrumors regular

Can you read other CD & DVD disks? If so, then your msOffice install disk(s) are faulty.

3. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Sounds like you need a Genius Bar appointment.
    http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Go there and make an appointment at your closest store.
    If you can't make it to an official apple store for a genius bar appointment, then visit http://www.apple.com/buy/locator/service/ to find your closest local service provider who can take a look at it.

Or you can always call Apple, you're still under warranty in any event if you're under 1 year old. Did you buy applecare out of curiosity?

4. cafeaulait4u thread starter macrumors newbie

Took Macbook in for the repair

I took my MacBook in and it is being repaired. I found several forums online where people are having the same problem with the disk drive. Most all had to be replaced. My Mac is less than a year old and I have Apple Care. Good thing because from what I'm reading it cost around $300.00 not including labor to repair! :eek:

5. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

Ok I did a search because after installing Snow Leopard doing a Clean Install, i discovered that I could not install my MS Office for Mac 2008.
    I found out that if I went into my home folder then go to Library then Preferences and look for a file called com.apple.digihub.plist and drag it to the trash, then go out of preferences and stay in Library and look for the folder Caches, and Drag the whole folder to the trash.

Then do a Pram reboot where you hold the Command/Option keys + R+P all at the same time while booting up to reset your PRAM settings waiting for the tone 3-4 times then try to insert my DVD to install and Then It Worked!!!

Just thought I would mention that and something to take note, you may have to have rosetta installed first before doing this for 32 bit applications. The installer might need it to operate.