MacBook won't boot after bootcamp deletion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ianscorr, Sep 5, 2015.

1. ianscorr macrumors newbie

Hey guys

I recently tried to delete my bootcamp partition from my MacBook Pro 15" late 2011 and that didn't work but when I restarted it later that day the bar goes slower then usual (I have a Samsung 850 500gb SSD) then I get the prohibitory screen.

I have another Usb hard drive with Yosemite on it and I can boot from that and I used Disk Drill and found that all of the files are still on the drive. I also tried repairing it with disk utility but it justs puts up an error that sais to backup everything then format the drive

I had a similar problem earlier this year when I tried to install windows 10 on it but that failed and the OSX partition wasn't even found so I tried this method
    http://nerdr.com/bootcamp-partition-lost-repairing-mac-partitions/
    and it worked but this time it doesn't.

Please let me know if there is anyway to boot back into this drive without reinstalling everything again

Thanks
    Ian

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Try holding down the OPTION-key booting and select your startup disk.

3. ianscorr thread starter macrumors newbie

It's booting to the correct disk but not booting all the way. I have tried safe mode and everything still stops

4. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

2 things, the hard drive is starting to fail or the partition on the hard drive is corrupted. If you have a Time Machine backup then you might need to reformat the internal drive, reinstall OS X and restore from backup.

5. Evren Carven macrumors regular

Evren Carven

It's more like that the partition on the hard drive is corrupted from the symptom. Do you receive some error messages when the booting stops.

6. patternjake macrumors member

patternjake

See this is why I avoid Bootcamp at all costs. Any chance Windows has direct access to psychical hardware it will mess it up if it decides to. Do yourself a favour and keep it in a VirtualBox.