Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Misterjan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
While trying to download the latest security update I received a message telling me the update failed and it had been sent to the trash. The trash was empty and I now didn't have enough free disk space to retry the download so I decided to reboot my computer to free up some disk space. I haven't been able to reboot it since.
While booting it gets stuck on the 'starting mac os' screen. I've reset the pram and I've done disk and permission repairs and have tried to start it in safe mode, but it won't. While holding the shift key to get to safe mode It still gets stuck on the same screen (though it takes a few more minutes to get there).
Any ideas?
Oh yeah and I don't have the right version of the start up disk as apple replaced my computer but didn't give me a new start up disk.
Thanks in advance...

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Unless I'm missing something, will need a new disk from Apple, or a retail Leopard disk. If it crashes in the middle of an update, you end up with corrupted system files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.