MacBook wont boot into OSX

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by atrljoe, Nov 4, 2009.

1. atrljoe macrumors member

I am running a MacBook with OSX and Windows 7 dual booted. Up until now I have been able to freely switch from each operating system. Last night I shut down my MacBook, and then tried to turn it on today and it gets stuck on the Apple loading screen. But if I hold option key then I can boot into Windows and I do have MacDrive installed and I can access the drive but it says that the drive is corrupted or unreadable. I have made no configuration changes. When I am holding down the option key also I seen EFI boot, and .Windows. Please can anyone help me?

2. eman macrumors 6502a

Have you tried to start your mac with the restore disks? If you can use your restore disks, use disk utility and repair permissions and repair your mac HD partition. You should also be able to archive and install the mac OS, if the other suggestion don't work.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you're unable to get past the grey Apple screen, you could try repairing permissions off the restore discs but rarely does that help. Best thing to do since you have access to the OS X partition through MacDrive is to backup any data and do a archive and install.