Macbook wont boot properly

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jarsnice, Dec 11, 2011.

1. jarsnice macrumors newbie

okay so im brand new to mac. and i bought a used macbook4.1 on ebay with osx 10.5.8. it was formatted but it did not come with any disks.

the first few days i used it, it would freeze, doing basic things. online shopping, browsing youtube and just learning how to use my mac in general. nothing would work, not the keyboard, not the mouse, the cursor would not move and there was no spinning beach ball. i have to hard shutdown the laptop by holding down the power button, and then it would restart just fine.

today about 4 days since the last time it happend, it froze. and after a hard restart it booted straight to a screen that says "deploystudio finalize script log" across the top. and the loading spinning cursor just spins away on the bottom of the screen and will just stay there, i let it sit for over 1 hour on this screen.
    i have no idea what this screen is, or what deploystudio is.
    (the seller on ebay said the computers were obtained from an office building it that matters)

i read about trying to boot on safe mode and do a proper restart to see if that fixes it, but it did not. when i restart the computer just goes to the same screen.

and suggestions, please help

2. simsaladimbamba

Get the 29 USD Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD and do a clean install.

To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides:

And to learn more about Mac OS X: