Macbook wont boot up after hardware change

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by datdudetre, Jul 23, 2009.

1. datdudetre macrumors newbie

Hi, my hard drive failed so i was using my external hard drive to run leopard. But i decided to take the Macbook Pro apart and see maybe the hard drive wasn't connected properly. After i did that, i screwed everything back in place and switched it on but to my surprise it didn't come on, it was just a blank screen. Please what could be the problem???
    I think maybe the ram is loose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

You shouldn't be messing around with the insides of your Mac unless you have the technical know-how and are out of the warranty.

The advisable solution would've been to go to the Apple store's Genius Bar. And now, even if you were under warranty, I doubt they'll help you for free now that you've taken apart your Mac.

Go to iFixit.com and search for your model of MBP and try to fix it yourself. If you can't, I guess you'll have to shell out some money to get it fixed by Apple.

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

what exactly did you take apart? You really should get some find some sort of video tutorial or read up on how to take your mac apart because you will most likely mess something up without one unless you absolutely know what you are doing. Taking apart a mac is not extremely hard, but it is very easy to break things if you don't know what you are doing. The only thing I have unscrewed my uMB was to check out the fan when it was making noise and to install an upgrade to the RAM. I would take it into an apple store and see what they can do for you but you might have to pay for the repairs yourself because you messed it up by taking it apart.