Macbook won't boot up, blue screen with spinning wheel.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Benbrager1, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Benbrager1 macrumors newbie

Hi

Had message come up saying 'scratch disc is full', I started moving some files onto an external hard drive and deleting some files. I then went to delete all the trash and that's when the problem started. It was saying it was deleting items but it was taking ages so I rebooted. When I went to restart it came up with the blue screen with the apple logo and spinning wheel. I've rebooted a few times but each time it comes up with same thing.

I tried loading the startup disc but nothing happened and now I can't even get that out. I've also tried attaching the external hard drive but again nothing happens. I left it running overnight to see if anything magical would happen but alas nothing...

It doesn't seem to respond to any combination of keys I'm hitting, it just seems to be stuck at the blue screen! I wondering have a deleted some system files in error, could that be my problem? :eek:

Any help would be appreciated

DJ

2. Benbrager1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes but nothing is happening, very frustrating but probably my own fault!

3. Benbrager1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I've got access to the disk but now my problem is I can't download the disc because there's not enough memory.

I don't know how to access my documents from Mac OS X Installer page, do you know how I can gain access to my documents so I can free up some space... :eek:
    Many thanks

4. simsaladimbamba

Do you have access to any other computer with Firewire?
    If so: Target Disk Mode
    For Windows you need MacDrive to read HFS+ formatted volumes.