Macbook won't charge after sitting on Mac Desktop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aabr25, Jan 14, 2014.

1. aabr25, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014

aabr25 macrumors newbie

Last night it was charging fine. Turning on. Working like normal. I put the Macbook in it's case and the charger in it's case. I set them both on top of a mac desktop that was turned off over night. This morning the Macbook won't turn on and the charger isn't working (the green LED won't turn on). I have tried multiple power sources.

Could there be damage from the Macbook sitting on top of a desktop all night? OR could the charger have become damaged?

This is my boyfriends Macbook. He is going to flip out. Trying to figure out what may have happened before I break the news to him.

Thanks in advance.

Amanda

2. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Putting it on top of a desktop can't do anything. It sounds like the charger is either faulty or you are doing something wrong. Maybe the fuse in the plug has gone?

3. aabr25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Steve. I didn't think leaving it there would cause any issues. Wasn't sure if there were magnets or some Apple rule I am unaware of.

Glad I'm not to blame. I really appreciate that you responded.

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

My guess is the charger died and the MBP was running on battery even though you thought it was good, now the battery is simply completely flat.

Run it down to an Apple store or borrow a MBP charger to see if it will start to charge up.