Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikenguyen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2005
My macbook battery won't charge and the magsafe light is always green. The battery is drained and the macbook seems to be running on the power adaptor. This just occurred yesterday night there were no previous problems with the macbook. After a mere 20 minutes running on the power adaptor the macbook shuts down and won't turn on. After a while it turns on again and the battery still doesn't charge.

Has anyone experienced this? I don't have applecare and i've gone past the 1 yr.

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
Yes I have. What type of macbook is this? First gen? If so the first generation batteries are known to have problems. Did you leave your mb in sleep mode until the battery completely drained? One of my roommates did that to my mb while I was away on vacation last year and I took it into Apple and they said its a known problem if you drain the battery completely. Just take it to applecare and they will most likely give you a new battery and it will solve the problem.

Edit here is a link direct from Apple: http://www.apple.com/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.