Macbook won't charge out of the sudden

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bramsharon, Mar 15, 2013.

1. bramsharon macrumors newbie

Hello,

Suddenly my macbook decieded not to charge anymore.

When I connect my macbook it charges for 2 mabye 3 seconds and then the green light goes off and the charging stops. when the macbook was still on it also showed it was charging because of the battery icon in the finderbar and the brightness adjusting.

Now i've taken it to an Apple reseller and they said it probably was water damage. but i've never exposed it to any kinds of water of whatever. Never spilled anything, never dropped my macbook, never had my macbook in the shower. Also the reseller said that the costs of checking were about 80 euro's. if its an hardware failure then I didn't have to pay anything. if it IS something related to water damage then I have to pay 80 euro's + the repair costs.

What if somehow there is some water in there, how can i check it?
    also Does someone recognizes this?

I did an SMC reset but that didn't help me out.

What wonders me is that it CAN charge for 2-3 seconds. so there is a connection somewere and somehow. very weird.

I really hope someone can help me out on this one. i've always been very carefull with my macbook and now this happens.

Syncerely,

Bram

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Does the light go out all together? I had a problem with a charger on my MBA and it turns out the charger was dead. If you have an Apple Store near by, take it to them.