MacBook Won't Connect to internet

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by darkdefeat2030, Feb 24, 2009.

1. darkdefeat2030 macrumors newbie

I'm new with mac. I have a mac book osx version 10.4.11. It has 2.16 GHz intel core 2 duo processor, 1G ram. Anyway, Its running on a D-Links cox cable router. Two other non-mac computers are running off of it just find. I reset the router and tested the connection and it says i'm online. When I try to go on firefox or itunes or any thing that needs internet it don't connect. Is it a virus? Can you recommend a virus protection adware as well.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There ARE no viruses in the wild that affect Mac OS X.
    No antivirus software can detect a Mac virus, because no Mac viruses exist.
    There are trojans that exist, but these can be easily avoided if:
    • you are careful what applications you install
    • you are careful where you get applications
    • you never enter your administrative password without THINKING!
    You also may not be aware that this question, like many others, has already been discussed quite a bit (beat to death, actually!) Using MRoogle to search the forums before you post will frequently reveal threads related to your question that the standard forum search misses, and will help you avoid posting repetitive threads. Here are some of the dozens of threads on this topic, filled with opinions and recommendations:

One thread that you may find particularly helpful is this one: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=7066120