MacBook wont eject CD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by calebb0917, Mar 27, 2009.

1. calebb0917 macrumors member

My Aluminum MacBook wont eject the cd i put in the superdrive. Anyone know what to do? It doesnt show up in my Finder either.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

[embedguide]Force_Eject_a_Stuck_CD_or_DVD[/embedguide]

3. calebb0917 thread starter macrumors member

4. RobotBanana macrumors newbie

RobotBanana

In case you're a new Macbook owner, I'll throw this out there since it puzzled me for a bit when I first got mine:

If you use the eject button on the keyboard, you can't just tap the key. You have to hold it down for a second or so before the CD will eject. This is supposedly to prevent accidental ejections.

5. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Same here. When I first got mine I would push the button like 3-4 times.. Then I realized you gotta hold it. ;)

6. IvanKeRi macrumors newbie

IvanKeRi

Worked!!! Finally

I OPENED "DISK UTILITY" Found the CD and Ejected it Immediately once i clicked on the blue Eject icon!!

Bravo!!

In fact I put it in once more... and it once again didn't recognize it, (nor was I able to eject it normally)...

Just before my CD got stuck the first time, I was warned that "the burning process may have failed" or something of the sort...

I believe my Mac didn't recognize it properly because it wasn't properly recorded in the first place.

A Million Thanks!