MacBook Won't Install Leopard/Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by scb02, Sep 11, 2009.

1. scb02 macrumors regular

Ok on the release of Leopard i bought it from the Apple store for my macBook (intel) and when i got it home put in the disc it popped up i clicked restart and the Apple logo loaded and then got the spinning wheel, left it nearly 6 hours to my return it was exactly the same, i did this 5 or 6 times and it happened everytime i tried. I thought it was my disc drive so got a firewire DVD RW and tried that but still nothing. I thought possibly the disc and the Mac read all DVDs, VDs Photoshop, iLife Office discs and more.

Anyway i forgot about it and carried on with Tiger, then i bought the Snow leopard upgrade and guess what - It does exactly the same! Why can't i install them when my CD drive is working?

Any ideas what it may be? Mac is out of warrenty im sure of it (not sure how to check) so don't want to get stung by Apple prices?

Thanks
    Simon

2. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Just for giggles, does the issue persist even if you boot into the DVD by holding down the 'c' key then powering on and waiting until it starts booting off the DVD?

3. scb02 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it does the same, tried both going through Restart and also by Holding down C