MacBook won't load past the blue screen? Startup disc space errors?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by inck243, Nov 18, 2010.

1. inck243 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

So my MacBook had been acting up lately. I did all of the updates, and it's a MacBook aluminum with the fastest processor that they offered.

LAtely it has not been able to keep many programs running. All I had was safari, PowerPoint, Photoshop and iPhoto open -- everything that I need to mAke a PowerPoint and then I do one thing like add a new slide and the rainbow wheel goes crazy. Finally this thing would pop up that said not enough space on startup disc and make me force quit programs.

So it was taking like 15 years one time so I just shut off the computer. Now it won't start past the blue screen that has the white spinny thing. Please don't telle my hard drive failed !! :(

2. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

I'm having the same blue screen issue. Try powering down, removing battery and holding the power button for 15 seconds and plugging in the adapter cord and powering up again.

I tried this but still getting the blue screen but it may work for you.

3. shneady macrumors member

I hope you guys have your data backed up. It sounds like the MBR and/or boot sector on the drive may be corrupted and therefore having a hard time loading the OS to RAM. It doesn't sound great, and somebody may have a better solution, but at this point I would just try reinstalling the OS and then restore from your backup.