Macbook Won't Power On

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cariann77, Dec 1, 2012.

1. cariann77 macrumors newbie

I have the older, original macbook from 2006. Had it running with OS 10.6.8. It will no longer power on at all. The battery light still shows green when I plug it in and the battery was recently replaced.

Leading up to this, my macbook would just randomly restart itself. Sometimes it would be able to reboot, other times it would get stuck at the chime and just continue to attempt to reboot itself. Now, I can't get it to turn on at all.

I already followed all of the troubleshooting steps that I could find including resetting the SMC.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

2. CanesDrew macrumors regular

CanesDrew

You could try resetting the PRAM. Also, is your battery an authentic Apple battery? I had the same issue and it was because my battery was a knock off. It was new but a knock off.

3. cariann77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried resetting the PRAM, but don't think that it did anything or worked because I can't power the macbook up at all.

It's an apple battery. I ordered it directly from them.

4. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

This is a bit of a stretch, but it could be a faulty power adapter. It doesn't explain all of the other weirdness, but it does explain some things. My friend had the same Macbook that wouldn't power on. The light on the charger indicated that it was charging (green), but when he tried a different adapter, it turned orange and the Macbook powered up.