Macbook won't read CDs!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 316292, May 18, 2009.

1. 316292 Suspended

Hi,
    I just burned a cd with my macbook and it won't read it. Btw I tested it on my PC and it works fine. It's so wierd, it just reads a random CD and not the other one. Please help my demoniac CD drive. Anyone has the same problem/solution?
    Thx

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

What is happening with the disc? Does it spin, any clicking/buzzing noises? Does it auto-eject or does it just simply fail to appear on the Desktop? Does the drive have problems reading music CDs or movie DVDs for that matter?

3. 316292 thread starter Suspended

It spins, does like every other working CD does, but just ejects itself at the end. Never had this problem since yesterday night...and I just reinstalled my OS! (the problem was there before the reinstallation, and it still persists now)

4. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Does every disc you insert auto-eject or just this one? If everything does the key/input might be stuck and you could try a PRAM reset, or InsulinJunkie is right and there's a problem with the drive. If it's only that disc...it's the media itself.

6. 316292 thread starter Suspended

It's actually random on how it picks CD that works or not, but obviously it chooses the one that I really need to eject themselves (The CD works fine, I tried it on my PC). I know it sounds wierd, and I found one perfect explanation: it hates me. It's really demoniac I told you, LOL.

I did the PRAM reset, it took more time/made other noises but still ejected itself! What's that key/imput thing?

Btw I never use CDs, so I dont really care to take it in to Apple or not, I just wanna reinstall Windows on my Mac, so if there's another way to do it with Boot Camp and no CD-Drive, I'm listening!

7. 316292 thread starter Suspended

Prolem pseudo-solved, I wanted to do what I needed to do, but some CDs aren't still working. Anyway, I'll let the A.I. win this time lol.