Macbook Won't Read Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JurgenWigg, Nov 5, 2007.

1. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

This has happened with a Sibelius install disk as well as Leopard, in that the disc spins up a little bit and then slows down a few times, and then just ejects it.

Both the Sibelius Disc and leopard eventually were read, but whereas i could install sibelius without restarting, when i hit the restart button for leopard, it couldn't read the disc upon restart, and couldn't read it upon restarting and holding down the C key either - VERY frustrating.

Any solution suggestions?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Is the disc damaged in any way?

Do you have this problem with all discs?

3. JurgenWigg thread starter macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

The thing about it is that about 1 time in 10 it WILL recognize the disc, only to crash during installation. The disk verification goes smoothly, just crashes when it tries to install.

I tried it out with my Tiger install disk, after it got about 20% of the way into Leopard before crashing and rendering my laptop useless.

However, Tiger doesn't get much better in being recognized with any sort of consistancy either...

I'm taking it into the apple store to see what they can tell me...

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yeah, sounds like it may be a dodgy drive...sounds like you've got an Apple Store not too far away, so that's a plus. :) Hope you're still under warranty/AppleCare...