MacBook won't start....Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twister2011, Mar 12, 2011.

1. twister2011 macrumors newbie

Hi

Hope someone can help me here:confused:

After waiting for my macbook for almost 2 weeks, it has finally arrived. I installed the Cisco VPN Client and I got the error message 51. So I uninstalled it and got some error messages....but I just clicked on continue and it continued to uninstall it....

Then suddenly, I lost my internet connection....then Safari wouldn't start anymore...Firefox was fine...

So I tried to restart, hoping that the problems would resolve themselves, and now my macbook is not starting anymore. I get the starting tone, the apple sign and the gray spinning wheel and that's it...

what can I do now?
    Can I just use my installation cd? Restart in safe mode is not working...

2. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

It sounds like the system software is having trouble booting successfully. I'd boot from the Mac OS X Install DVD that shipped with your computer and perform a re-installation of Mac OS X. You could repair the current installation, or perform a clean installation (I'd recommend the latter if you don't have any important data on the drive).

Place your Mac OS X Install DVD in your computers optical drive, restart the computer and hold down the "C" key until you see the Apple logo with the progress indicator. Then, wait for the computer to start-up, select the appropriate language, then follow the on-screen instructions to perform a repair installation.

For detailed information on how to perform an Erase and Install, please see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3910.

Hope that helps and best of luck, have a great day. :)

3. twister2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Kyzelios!

Thanks so much for your help. Just wanted to follow your instructions, but realized that I still have a DVD in my macbook and when I press the eject-button, the DVD won't come out.....

Any advise on that?

Google is not my friend today...

Thanks!

4. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

Turn your computer off, turn it back on and immediately hold down the trackpad button. Your computer should then eject the disc that is currently in the drive.

5. twister2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just wanted to write that somehow it worked, but you were faster!
    Thanks a lot! Hope the rest of your instructions work also:)

Have a nice day!

6. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

No problem, keep us updated on how it works out for you or if you have any other questions. :)

7. twister2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked!!!
    Followed the instructions and everything is fine now :D

Had to restart a few times in the beginning, but then everything worked fine and now I'm writing from my new MBP!

Thanks a lot for your help, Kyzelios!