Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilsuprano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
My 4 month old MacBook has been working perfectly since day one, never had a problem. Earlier today I went to eat lunch and put it to sleep (folded it shut). When I was in the kitchen, I heard the OS X start up chime, but didn't think anything of it.

When I returned to my MacBook, it was off. I tried turning it back on, but it wouldn't pass the Apple screen with the Apple on it and the little circle that spins underneath it. After about 5 minutes, it just goes to a blue screen.

I tried restarting it many times, I tried taking out the battery and the power cord, I tried repairing the disk and permissions, and still,it won't start up.

Anybody care to shed some light on the situation?

Thanks,

Eric

TheBrazilianGuy

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2006
I have never seem something like this before, but it looks like
your HD is bad. 4 months old means that you might still have
under Applecare. Other choice would be to talk with a Genius Bar.

My 4 month old MacBook has been working perfectly since day one, never had a problem. Earlier today I went to eat lunch and put it to sleep (folded it shut). When I was in the kitchen, I heard the OS X start up chime, but didn't think anything of it.

When I returned to my MacBook, it was off. I tried turning it back on, but it wouldn't pass the Apple screen with the Apple on it and the little circle that spins underneath it. After about 5 minutes, it just goes to a blue screen.

I tried restarting it many times, I tried taking out the battery and the power cord, I tried repairing the disk and permissions, and still,it won't start up.

Anybody care to shed some light on the situation?

Thanks,

Eric

Jan 30, 2006
I have never seem something like this before, but it looks like
your HD is bad. 4 months old means that you might still have
under Applecare. Other choice would be to talk with a Genius Bar.

When the hard drive is the problem it shows a folder with a question mark.

In the case it was the hard drive, I would recommend you to take it to an Apple Store, maybe some of the data can be saved.

If you boot from the OS X DVD can you get to the point where you can select to install OS X?

lilsuprano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
Well I couldn't figure out what was the problem, so I managed to reformat it, and I'm posting from my MacBook right now..

Weird though..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.