Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abolish666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
im having trouble with my macbook i press the power button it starts up i hear the chime sound then it loads for about 7-10 mins then shuts off and just starts up i hear chime and again it loads for like 7-10 mins and just repeats starting up and restarting. help!

Abolish666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
Did you really try every step the guide offered? You couldn't even boot from the restore DVD?

What specific Mac do you have and do you still have warranty or Apple Care?

So you couldn't boot fro disk or you could?

Any error messages that kept turning up?

1. what restore disk?
2. no warrrnty
3. no error messages
4. Macbook i forget what version i think 10.5.8

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
1. what restore disk?
2. no warrrnty
3. no error messages
4. Macbook i forget what version i think 10.5.8

1. The grey restore disk(s) that came with your Mac, DVD 1 contains system files, DVD 2 has iLife and other applications on it.
4. When did you buy it - month and year would be nice and did you buy it from Apple or some other vendor?

Abolish666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
1. The grey restore disk(s) that came with your Mac, DVD 1 contains system files, DVD 2 has iLife and other applications on it.
4. When did you buy it - month and year would be nice and did you buy it from Apple or some other vendor?
I bought the mac from best buy and i had it for 1.5 years now. and i put the disk in the first one and help option when startup and nothing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.