Macbook won't start without power cord connected

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ClutchThese, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

I'm currious to see if anyone here has ran into a problem with their macbook pro's turning on after you close the lid.

Every now and then the computer doesn't respond to anything. I open the lid, i close the lid... i reopen the lid, i press the power button... i hold the power button.

Nothing i do seems to get it to come out of hibernation. The ONLY way to wake it is to connect the power cord. (and yes, i know it has enough battery, i even hit the button on the side as it lights up all the green LED's).

So as you can imagine, being on a plane and wanting to do some work on your computer... only to be able to do nothing! The computer doesn't respond to anything to wake it. You HAVE to plug a power cord in, even if it's only for one second.

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

3. ClutchThese thread starter macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Good deal. I'll give it a go and see how it holds up.

I've realized it's called "Safe Sleep" It doesn't respond to anything until it senses an outside power source. Lame. :)

4. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

Isn't that what it does when you use your computer on battery till there's basically no power left so it goes into a low power state to save itself? /is confused.