Macbook won't start :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kenderson, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Kenderson macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

I have a Macbook that I got in November (I'm a new Mac user, not overly used to the Mac OS yet). Have Leopard installed as well as Bootcamp. I used my Macbook plugged in at home this morning, shut down, and packed it up for class.

When I got to class (no power cable), I tried to start it up but it won't. It says I need to restart my Macbook The exact message is: You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power Button for several seconds or press the Restart Button. It says it in English, French, German, and Japanese). When I restart, it just returns to that screen. There were no physical impacts to my backpack while I was travelling from home to school.

I have Bootcamp installed, and was able to boot up using XP, so I know it's not a complete hard drive failure.

Any ideas? My 1.5 hour lecture is 30 minutes in and I can't take notes from the Powerpoint slides because I don't have Office installed on my Bootcamped XP side!

Thanks in advance.

2. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

3. stuff99 macrumors 6502

It happened to a friend of mine once but it stopped appearing after two times...

anyone know the cause of this?