Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erikpmort

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
i had the colored lines and the random shutdowns, sent it in to apple and they fixed it.... (6 mos ago)

this time when i try to start up, it doesn't work.. tried resetting pram, and it won't work..... after it tries to start for a while i get a black screen that says no bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key. if you have had this problem please share.

also i can't get the cd out of the computer... tried holding down the trackpad button with no success. when i try to reset the pram it only makes the loud beep once, and then nothing happends.

thx

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
i had the colored lines and the random shutdowns, sent it in to apple and they fixed it.... (6 mos ago)

this time when i try to start up, it doesn't work.. tried resetting pram, and it won't work..... after it tries to start for a while i get a black screen that says no bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key. if you have had this problem please share.

also i can't get the cd out of the computer... tried holding down the trackpad button with no success. when i try to reset the pram it only makes the loud beep once, and then nothing happends.

thx

Sounds like a dead motherboard - possibly also a dead HD. Can you start it in target mode (start holding down the t button)?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
If you still have applecare on it you should take it in and have it fixed there. for ejecting the disk I'm assuming that you tried holding down the eject key on the keyboard too.

erikpmort

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
no

T won't work

shift aka safe mode won't work.

this is bad.

real bad.

i'm going to try to hook up to another mac via firewire and see if i can get to my HD next....

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
do you have any apple care left if you do call them immeadiately, i agree possibly a dead mother board

erikpmort

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
yes

yeah its still under a year old so i'm sure they'll take care of it.. the real problem is i am supposed to show a wedding video tomorrow with it. timing is everything...:mad:

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
yeah its still under a year old so i'm sure they'll take care of it.. the real problem is i am supposed to show a wedding video tomorrow with it. timing is everything...:mad:

Is the footage on your HD? If so, you are in some luck as HD's are replaceable on MacBooks - meaning you can take it out and move the footage to another machine, or play from your HD through another machine. You'll need to run out and get an external drive, but so long as you can get to another computer you might be saved. Post back if you need more info.

YT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.