MacBook won't stay asleep

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cmassage, Jan 1, 2012.

1. cmassage macrumors newbie

I have a 2006 1.83 Core Duo MacBook with 2 GB RAM that won't stay asleep, either when just shutting the cover or when I choose Sleep from the Apple Menu.

I've reset the SMC and PRAM, Repaired Disk Permissions, Verify Disk ✓ and rebuilt the directory with Disk Warrior.

Previously I reformatted the hard drive and did a clean install of Snow Leopard 10.6.8 getting it ready for sale.

I will aprreciate any healing thoughts.

TIA,
    Chris

2. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

have you ever take the screen apart? If you have you might not have replaced the magnets that are in it and activate the sleep mode

3. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Open up System Preferences and see if Bluetooth shows up in there. If it doesn't, your Bluetooth module is having issues. It's a common problem on these machines. If you're up to it, open the little bugger up, reseat the Bluetooth module, and it should be good to go for a while. My old Core Duo kept doing, and I got tired of opening it up every few months, so I just removed the Bluetooth module altogether. If you actually use Bluetooth though (I don't), you'll just want to reseat it.

Guide to getting to the Bluetooth module