Macbook Won't turn on!! Please Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sbb6592, Aug 10, 2008.

1. sbb6592 macrumors newbie

I've had my Macbook for about 2 months and just today it randomly froze and would not unfreeze so I restarted it. I noticed that when my macbook was closed the screen was unbalanced slightly as it was leaning over the right side rather then the left. I instinctively pushed to it to the left and then it worked well. the same continued as it worked and froze restarted, repeat.
    Eventually when I pressed the power button the screen would stay black and the small security light would blink in sync three times with three loud beeping sounds. I am very confused and disappointed as I just recently changed to a apple.
    Does anyone know why this is happening?

2. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

If you've only had your MacBook for two months call AppleCare or take it in to your closest Apple store.

3. sbb6592 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Will the laptop accept a CD? If so, you can insert your OSX CD and try booting from that (hold down the C key on the keyboard while the computer restarts). Then run Disk Utility.

But, as your computer is still under warranty, it might be easier to just take it to the nearest Apple Store if there is one, or call Apple.