Macbook wont turn on.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 3tuxedo, Jul 11, 2011.

1. 3tuxedo macrumors newbie

hey guys, im in need of some help. and you guys are the best when it comes to help. i have a 2.4 ghz 2gb ram intel macbook. eveything was perfectly fine on it, but, stupid me decided to take it apart and clean the fan cause it was a little noisy. i took it apart, cleaned out the fan, and put it back together. Oh hey guess what? it doesn't turn on now. the battery is fully charged, all 5 green lights. the only thing i could think of would be the ribbon connector from the keyboard to the logic board isn't working and therefore my power button isn't translating to the board. anyone have help? thanks so much.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Looks like you need to take it apart again and look over every connection and verify there properly secured.

3. 3tuxedo thread starter macrumors newbie

before we get to my macbook, i love your signature, a lot.

anyway. could it bee the the keyboard isnt sitting correctly? and thus the power button isn't working?

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

chances are you have damaged the silver cable that runs from the topcase to the logicboard. The only other real possibility is that the connector at the logicboard end is not snapping in properly....

The keyboard not sitting properly won't make any difference...

5. 3tuxedo thread starter macrumors newbie

gotcha, so i should obviously retry the reattaching the cable first, i am almost positive that it is in there correctly. but who know. ill take a look, and then possible order another cable.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Just be sure to be extra careful and move slowly. Don't rush yourself... as you;ve figured out, there's too much that can go wrong.

As for my sig... thanks.... I am hoping for another Ronald Reagan....

7. 3tuxedo thread starter macrumors newbie

it sucks, because nothing was wrong with, i just wanted to clean it out a bit, but i learned now.

8. StockDC2 macrumors regular

As everyone else already mentioned, make sure to check the cable from the keyboard to the logic board. You do not need to secure the top case to the bottom case; disassemble everything, plug the top case into the logic board and try powering it on before you put all the screws back in.

If this doesn't work, make sure that your memory is properly seated.

9. 3tuxedo thread starter macrumors newbie

yep, i tried all those things. thank you very much to everyone who contributed. it looks as if the upper case cable was bent to hard and cut through the wires. ordered another one. thanks again everybody!