Macbook won't turn on!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mishu.sarowar, Dec 22, 2015.

1. mishu.sarowar macrumors newbie

mishu.sarowar

I tuned my macbook off 2days ago with around 90% of charge. today I tried to turn it on. but it won't turn on.
    (Macbook pro 13inch 2015)
    please help me guys!

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

3. mishu.sarowar thread starter macrumors newbie

mishu.sarowar

when I press the power button nothing happens. if I plus charger it shows orange in the charging indicator..how to do SMC reset?

4. Erdbeertorte Suspended

Is it completely dead or does the LED on the MagSafe connector work?

I also wanted to recommend a SMC reset.

Just hold the Power Button + alt + ctrl + shift for a least 10 seconds while it is connected to power and try to turn it on after that.

Edit: You might see that the SMC reset worked when the LED changes from orange to green and back to orange.

5. mishu.sarowar thread starter macrumors newbie

mishu.sarowar

yes the LED works.
    alt means Options or Command?

6. Erdbeertorte, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015

Erdbeertorte Suspended

It's called options I think. The key between cmd and ctrl.

You have to use the keys on the left side.

Those three + the Power Button:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-22 um 22.15.18.png

Here's a screenshot from the link posted above with the relevant information for you:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-22 um 22.23.33.png

7. mishu.sarowar thread starter macrumors newbie

mishu.sarowar

I tried but doest work but when I press shift,option,control and power button together the MagSafe LED changes its color to green from orange..then again comes back to orange.

8. Erdbeertorte Suspended

Not good. :( At least we can say that the power button isn't defective because the SMC reset worked if the LED color has changed.

Is really nothing happening when you try to turn it on? Startup sound? Keyboard illumination? Any beeps? Or do you hear the fans?

Might be the display or just the connector to it is damaged and it is powering on but you just can't see it.

You could also try to reset the NVRAM with holding cmd+alt(option)+P+R. Before that get sure it is really shut down by holding the power button for maybe 10 seconds and after that push the power button just short again like you would turn it on normally and hold those four mentioned keys. Normally it will reboot after several seconds and you should hear the startup sound even if the speakers volume had been turned off before the last shutdown of OS X.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-23 um 07.59.24.png
    If nothing works I would take it to an Apple store if they have any in your country or any other authorized store for Apple products. Maybe they can do a charge free diagnostic.

9. mishu.sarowar thread starter macrumors newbie

mishu.sarowar

thanks for your replay sir
    I also tried nvram reset..but nothing happens.
    no signal or sound comes out of it.
    I live in Bangladesh. here no authorised apple care. I purchased it from usa. should I return it to USA?

10. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

How long have you left it on charge? If the machine didn't enter sleep for whatever reason then it could have just rune the battery completely dead.

11. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

Erdbeertorte has given sound advice, now a return to supplier looks like your only option. Definitely don't use a non-authorised local facility.

12. Erdbeertorte Suspended

Do you have a backup of your internal SSD? And if not, is anything really important on it you need to get back?

The Apple warranty is worldwide. If not already done you should add the serial number of your MBP to your Support Profile. There you get options to contact Apple or open a case. They will tell you what to do to get it repaired or replaced.

With an Apple-ID you can login to every country's support profile listed in the link. I can't read the names of all. If Bangladesh is not available just choose any other with a language you are able to speak and maybe is near to you:

https://supportprofile.apple.com/localeSwitcher

Also you can use this site to find the nearest authorized services and sellers in every country worldwide:

https://locate.apple.com/country

Or just use Google, it seems there are a few options in Bangladesh:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-23 um 18.42.51.png

13. mishu.sarowar thread starter macrumors newbie

mishu.sarowar

oh my god! your are so helpful.
    may Allah bless you
    I'm doing what you said.
    if I face any difficulties I will knock you sir.hope you don't mind :)

14. mishu.sarowar thread starter macrumors newbie

mishu.sarowar

when I visited locate.apple.com/country I was asked for my City and what device I want to repair. after giving this info this three shops came out. that's means from these shops I can get warranty services. is it like that?

one more thing...there is a point regarding PREMIUM store at the bottom of the page.
    one of the shops is premium. should I go to them?
    [​IMG]

15. Erdbeertorte Suspended

All of those shops are certified and allowed by Apple to open your Mac to check what could be wrong with it and replace parts without voiding your warranty.

But I unfortunately can't say if they also can do Apple's warranty repairs for free. Probably not and they have their own warranty in addition when you have bought anything there.
    But maybe they can have a quick look at/in it and for free and can send it to Apple for you if a repair would be too expensive.
    I would call them and ask or look at their websites for information. Or simply just call Apple at first place and ask them what to do.

I called Apple a few times when I had software related question for example, but I luckily never needed any warranty for my Macs or iPhones. So I have no experience how that exactly works. Sorry. :(

16. mishu.sarowar thread starter macrumors newbie

mishu.sarowar

can you tell me how to mail Apple Support before receiving warranty servicing worldwide?

17. Erdbeertorte Suspended

I seems there is no email address for support, only phone numbers.

You could try this website, I have already changed the location in the link to Bangladesh:

https://getsupport.apple.com/GetSASO?locale=en_BD

18. mishu.sarowar thread starter macrumors newbie

mishu.sarowar

brother... I called one of the apple authorised resellers in Bangladesh. they told me that I could get free servicing from them. but at first I should contact apple. I have to register my Macbook with serial number. doing this my macbook's warranty won't voided.
    can you explain who to do that?

19. Erdbeertorte Suspended

You can register it in your support profile:

https://supportprofile.apple.com/

But this website says you don't have to register it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202741

Maybe you don't have any Apple-ID or one with not your real address and phone number, if you bought it in the USA and there is no iTunes Store and App Store for Bangladesh (I don't know).

Then you should create a new ID and register your MacBook with its the serial number in the support profile.