MacBook Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbook41, Feb 7, 2008.

1. macbook41 macrumors newbie

I posted earlier about whether to take my MacBook to the Apple Store for repairs or not and I decided I would go ahead and make an appointment. However, I wanted to see if anyone here has any idea of what might be wrong with my computer. I posted a video on YouTube of me turning on the computer and you can see exactly what happens. Anyone that has any clue as to what is going on or how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

What's Wrong With My MacBook!

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Flashing light happened to my iMac when I didn't seat the RAM properly.

Try re-installing the RAM, or if you do that and you're using 3rd party RAM, try getting a hold of the memory that came with your machine and reinstall that.

3. macbook41 thread starter macrumors newbie

I purchased the RAM from the Apple Store and installed it myself at least 6 months ago. So I know it is the correct RAM. Maybe it got knocked out of place a little? I'll give it a try and post what happens. Thanks for the idea.

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

5. macbook41 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I ejected the RAM and simply pushed it back in and wouldn't you know...the damn thing turned on!!! Like I said before, usually when I get the blinking light, I can turn it off and then back on and it works so I will wait to see if the RAM trick was the solution to all my problems. But for now it works! Thanks sparkyms for your help! :D