Macbook + World of Warcraft = "Melt book"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ruenzuo, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Ruenzuo macrumors newbie

Hi.

My macbook is my main computer (Macbook Early 2009 model). Recently I started playing World of Warcraft, and now I'm an addict (Everyone who plays WoW know what I'm going thought...). I used to use my macbook like 6 hours at day (Internet, Chat, all before meeting WoW), but now it's on like 8 or 12 hours at day, and it gets really hot (because of the graphics use I guess...). My question is: Is healthy for my Macbook to be at that rhythm? Or I should stop it? I found this on Internet, are helpful: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/notebook-coolers,777.html ?

Also my Fans are working at max speed (checked by iStat Nano), but the laptop is hot as hell.

Thanks for the help people. And sorry my bad English, I'm from Peru =).

2. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Its fine, computers are meant to do those types of things. If something should happen with one year due to your gaming, apple will fix/replace you machine. If you have apple care than apple will cover you for 3 years from the date of purchase. One of those coolers may help, but just know that your laptop is acting normal and as long as it is on a solid surface and is vented well, everything should hold up A ok.

3. njean777 macrumors 6502

it will be fine, its normal for the fans to speed up while playing WOW. I have a macbook pro 13in and it does the dame thing. Dont worry computers are meant to work, if it breaks the warranty will cover it.