MacBook + Xbox 360 Problem, but with a twist

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PreLawDelt, Jan 9, 2008.

1. PreLawDelt macrumors newbie

Hello. I am brand new to this and actually ANY forum, but I need help. I just received an Xbox 360 for (belated) Christmas and I have a problem hooking it up to the internet so that I can get on Xbox Live. Sounds familar, because believe me I looked through a million forums trying to fix this. Here is my problem. I had Verizon USB720 Card in my MacBook. My internet comes souly from this source, and I have no router, or anything like that. I DO have the Xbox Wireless Adapter that plugs into the back of the Xbox, but tus far have been unable to make it work. I tried turning on the Sharing thing on the MacBook and while the Xbox recognizes the computer it refuses to let me past the "Wireless Connection" Section when testing. In case you hadn't noticed I am COMPLETELY oblivious to computer jargon and have NO idea what IP, DNS, or anything else means so please try and put it in laymen's terms. Thanks.

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I don't think I have an answer, but I will try to make it clearer what you are doing so others may help.

Your MacBook is connected to the internet through the Verizon USB Modem. You have turned on Internet Sharing. You're using the Wireless Network Adapter with your Xbox360. Your Xbox360 sees the computer but can't connect through it.

Try using a Ethernet cable from the Macbook to the Xbox360 and share your internet with computers using Ethernet.

3. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

The 360 will work with your shared wireless connection, you are using the internet through a hard wired ethernet cable into your macbook arent you?

Sorry I am away from home atm otherwise I could have given more detailed instructions however if you do just enable shared internet then this shouldnt have any security like wep or wpa so you wont have to worry about that.

one point you need to double check is that you actually have the usbverizon/usb internet checked when you enable internet sharing. Again sorry I do not know what this will look like as I dont have this adaptor.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

5. gibbz macrumors 68030

6. PreLawDelt thread starter macrumors newbie

More Help?

I am trying to make it wireless from my Mac to the Xbox, so I don't want to use any cords, if possible. Also, I am NOT hardwired anywhere in my house. My ONLY internet comes from a cell phone card called a Verizon USB720. Anyone have a walk through for me?

7. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure, but something tells me that might be the problem.