Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bobbclvb1, Nov 26, 2011.

1. bobbclvb1 macrumors newbie

I need help on my mac. The problem started when I cannot reboot my mac from leopard os. Once I turned on my mac, the apple logo comes up and spinning wheel comes up as well but it does not go to the mac screen login screen. I tried a variety of solutions to no avail. I came to the conclusion that I may need to reinstall everything on mac. I used my mac os installation disk to reinstall. Once I got to the prompt for reinstallation, i both chose archive and install & erase and install. However, i wasn't successful. During the installation process, it said i needed to clean my disc and restart my mac. Although the disc wasn't dirty, I cleaned it nonetheless. I tried reinstalling but the same result came up. I then went to disk utility to erase my hard drive to ensure there are no problems that may arise from hard drive sectors which i believe to have been the root of my problems. I chose 7 pass erase options. After it was done, i tried to reinstall mac os but i cannot since the startup manager does not recognize my mac hd drive and it only recognizes the windows system on my mac. If i try to start the regular way, it only show blinking folder icon with question mark. Any help to get my mac working again will be very much appreciated

2. tug macrumors 6502