macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jpdunford, Sep 15, 2012.

1. jpdunford macrumors member

when is refresh retina macbook pro should i buy retina macbook pro now or wait for refresh

2. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

the 15 is already out , if ur waiting on the 13 well maybe October maybe next year, all speculation there has been no solid evidence that a 13 retina is in the works at least I didn't read anything about it

3. jpdunford thread starter macrumors member

thx for your reply

what i mean is, thing is not green anymore

is yellow and says "neutral, mid product cycle" instead of "buy now"

do you think i should buy now or wait

4. leman macrumors 604

I don't get the question. It will still be the same machine. If you have the money and need one, then buy now, otherwise, don't buy. If you are asking whether there will be an upgrade etc. - an upgrade will arrive next year, along with the new gen of Intel CPUs.

P.S. There are still some software quirks with the rMBP. Safari is a bit buggy, resume from sleep is slower than start up and things like that. Otherwise, the best laptop I have ever used.

5. imperialnavy macrumors regular

I think what you are referring to is the 13" Macbook Pro. There are a lot of rumors for this one, that is why the status is probably set to neutral. The rMBP and the cMBP 15" should both receive green lights however, as the last refresh was basically 3 months ago and it is somewhat unlikely that they will refresh it this year. (Maybe a speed bump for the CPU -- if anything)

6. jpdunford thread starter macrumors member

thx that was exactly what i was asking, sorry i couldn't explain too well.

thanks that is what i was looking for too. my mba is good so i think i can afford wait for another year.

thanks again to everyone

7. chaseychasem macrumors regular

Yeah, the MBP went yellow last month already, but even this month that color strikes me as premature.