MacbookAir for 850$ worth buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by luke23, Apr 19, 2009.

1. luke23 macrumors member

Hi,

I have the opportunity to get a MBA for 850$. Still have to clear out with the seller if it is a Rev. A or B (but since he says that it has iLife 09 and just a couple of months I think its Rev.B). And it comes also with external SuperDrive.

I don't know what to do. I am currently a PowerBook G4 user and it is my main computer. When new OS comes I want to move to a iMac. Anyway I would like to have a laptop that could move a Full HD video so I can exit the image to any TV and have a HD player in my vacation house every weekend. Is MBA capable of it? Easily or roughly?

What do you guys think?

Thank you very much in advance. :eek:

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Personally I would be suspicious of a Rev B Macbook Air + Superdrive for only $850. Refurbished Rev A's only sell for $999. If you decide that the MBA is right for you be very careful about the transaction and the condition of the devices.

3. PaperMacWriter macrumors 6502

PaperMacWriter

How are you dealing with this person? Is it online? If its online being shipped, I'd say its a scam. If it's local and you live near an Apple store, then see if you could meet them there. You could have a genius check that it's fine, and if so, you just got a phenomenal deal on a MBA! Good luck!
    SG :apple:

4. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

$850 seems really low, so be very careful. Do the deal in person, and check the machine out carefully.

5. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

My bet is that it's either a Rev A or it's a scam. Any other option doesn't make sense.

6. luke23 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you guys!

I made my call. I am not going to buy it. It is a eBay purchase anyway. He claims that the MBA has only couple of months but it still says that the specs of the Rev. A that are in the ad are correct. For me it does not make sense since the last upgrade was on october if I am not mistaken.

Than you all again. :)