Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NWL&P

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Belgium
Hi u all,

I'm really have no clue at the moment... what should I buy...

the MPB 13" starter until the 'high end' 15"...the difference is 700€. I can buy something else for that money i.e. iPhone or NAS HD...

I'm now using a 2007 MACBOOKPRO 15", with 2GB RAM and 2,2 GHZ processor. Besides the rather small size of the HD(currently I need to use an external HD to store all my files), I do not have any complains with my old friend. On the contrary. I still going to keep him and will be using him as media center and home computer.

Where do I use my laptop for? Manly for word processing, spreadsheets (not to complicated), presentations @ customers sides, software demo's, web-based crm and a lot of browsing...

The reason why I would chose the 13": portability and price
The reason why I would chose the 15": faster/newer CPU's (so more future proof????) larger screen...when face to face with one customer, a beamer is not always used.

Normally when I'm in the office, I use a second LCD and an external keyboard...so here the 'smaller screen' is no issue...

So, please give my your advices...

cheers

p

NWL&P

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Belgium
Yes, I could...if I would...

In €'s... the cheapest MBP 13" is 1149€: 2,4 GHZ & 250 GB HD
or the most expensive MBP 15" is 1999€: 2,66 GHZ & 500 GB HD

It is still a large price difference...800€. In the same time, it is not 'unbearable'

I also want to buy a NAS, an external keyboard, a 2° display, some software, iworks10, MSoffice 4 apple, and other stuff, iTOUCH or iPAD (just for fun)

my total budget should not exceed 2500€, the cheaper I go, the better (sooner) I can buy some other nice toys...

thanks

p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.