MacbookPro 2009 -Many problems-

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Saonjeku, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Saonjeku macrumors newbie

Okay school started this week and on the second day my macbook pro was not working properly after one of my classes. When I opened it up from closing it (it was on) it had a black screen. It wouldn't do anything else so I shut it down manually with the button. Now as I start it up, it will sometimes keep me at the white screen with the apple logo and gear spinning and sometimes it will boot up.

Now when I log in everything is normal, but sometimes it'll freeze and show a beach ball, and then after it stops freezing, nothing responds, I cant exit out of anything and whenever i go to spotlight, instead of it saying spotlight it i will say MENU_PREFERENCE and also when i right click on icons on my dock, it will be in caps and when i try to force quit it by right clicking it shows FORCE_QUIT. Its like the font is changed. Im pretty much hopeless and ive done checks and repairs and when i repair it does have to repair something (im not really sure what it repairs i just let it do that) and it completes and still nothing works.

I also tried to reinstall MAC OSX but whenever i get past language selection, it says it can not install it but it gives me option of restart or time capsule thingy.

ahhhhh please help me or tell me whats wrong and what needs to be replaced, so far a tech person at school told me it was my hard drive.

----------

now just all of a sudden its starting to index, never had this before ...just saying

2. MrJolly macrumors member

MrJolly

run Disk Utility from recovery media and perform a verify.