MacBookPro 2011 13'' Speakers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sup3rknova, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Sup3rknova macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

I was just curious if anyone has or heard of replacing MBP speakers. I love my mac but I hate how my sisters HP speakers are far better. Although I would never trade laptops with her, I was wondering if anyone has heard of a way to actually replace em?

2. Capex macrumors regular

Have you considered buying external speakers?

3. Mr.Outside macrumors 6502

Mr.Outside

Why not just get external speakers? Those will be better than any internal ones.

4. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

External speakers are a hassle, especially when you are on the move or in a car, etc. I am also interested in this as well. I have the 15" and I would readily replace the speakers for some better ones.

5. Sup3rknova thread starter macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

YA I know about externals. But say we are hanging around campus or at a park or different rooms of the house. Not trying to lug speakers around. Just checking if people have done it / if its possible. I don't even know of a retailer that sells em.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Get an AirPlay or Bluetooth speaker. The Creative D100 is cheap & cheerful.

7. dakine17 macrumors newbie

dakine17

8. Sup3rknova thread starter macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

no

9. DaftZombie macrumors member

Get some good headphones, anything by sennheiser around the $100 range will do.

10. kastorff macrumors regular

kastorff

I doubt you'll find any traction in replacing the internal speakers in the MacBook Pro. If you decide to go with an external speaker system and need portability, the Jawbone Jambox Bluetooth speaker is outstanding. It's not cheap; about $200, but tiny, well made, and it sounds great. It includes a microphone. It will do double duty with a smartphone and laptop, and can be configured to connect to two devices simultaneously. Excellent battery life.

11. Silmarien macrumors member

Well the headphones is not really a solution for me... But I wanted to ask something too since its relevant to the topic. Is there any sound quality difference between the 13" and 15" speakers?

12. Spadoinkles macrumors regular

I would think there is.

It's really a quantum leap from my whitebook, lol. The new ones trump my current ones but then again, my desktop speaker setup is simply magnificent. (Until you see my lounge) :p

13. randomrazr macrumors 65816

my harma kardons pwn my macbook pro speakers

anyways in terms of internal macbook pro speakers....there specifically designed by apple to work and fit with the macbook pro.

eve if htere are third party ones, u void ur warrenty tinkering with that

14. kindaobsessed macrumors member

I got an APP called Boom - it increased my sound by 100%. Try it out and see, I think it was free.

15. matixryder macrumors member

+1. http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon...3K9W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321290618&sr=8-1

These speakers are awesome and looks good with my mac. You can get much cheaper price with google shopping features. :)

16. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

Check out this Application in the Mac App Store called boom, its $8.99. This provides a boost, what they claim of up to 400% in volume. It also provides a system wide equalizer.

I use this with my 17" and I can max my volume out with boom, and its about 3x louder and clearer. It doesn't drown itself out and it really sounds amazing!

My go's 13" unibody aluminum Macbook, uses this as well but the speakers do not sound as good as the 17" obviously, but from the inferior sound to begin with, it drastically improves it.

Well wrath $8.99, considering I use it on my iMac (for the system wide equalizer on my bose companion 5's) my macbook pro, and my mac pro.

17. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

I use this. No more straining my ears or using headphones just to boost the volume.

18. randomrazr macrumors 65816

yeah and potentically wrecking ur speakers

19. warvanov macrumors 6502a

Not if you keep your volume to a reasonable level. Some applications make it particularly hard to hear things and don't allow you to raise the volume to a reasonable level. Hulu comes to mind for me, and something like this would definately helpful. Not sure if it's worth the $9 to me though.

20. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Well, you can't crank things up for a dance crowd. :)

I use it for videos that were encoded by dumb-asses who never took the time to normalize their volume properly. Haven't needed headphones or external speakers for months now.

21. windowstomac macrumors regular

I too would be very wary of something that makes my speakers go louder than the manufacturer intended...

22. JazzyFizzle macrumors member

My £20 headphones are far better than any speakers and I don't annoy the person sat next to me with tinny speaker noises.

It would be both cheaper and more convenient to just buy some decent headphones.

23. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Boom does not cause any damage to speakers. It effectively raises the volume, but even at full volume, it's not loud enough to cause distortion or any problems. I've used it for quite a while and it works quite well.

24. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

Maybe when the speaker distorts or drown out, you should consider turning it down. Other than that, you won't harm your speakers.

25. Lozza-p macrumors newbie