MacbookPro 2011 Second Release?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by natlovesmac, Apr 29, 2011.

1. natlovesmac macrumors newbie

Will there be a second release in 2011?
    I'm planning to buy the 13" for school in August, but I want it already, and want to know I should wait for a newer release or not, if there could probably be a new one released by August? :confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

August is more than unlikely, October or November might be possible candidates though, but who knows?

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Unlikely unless there's a small spec bump. The next intel Chipset is Ivy Bridge, but not due until some time in 2012, assuming the world doesn't end then.

4. dyrer macrumors member

dyrer

I dont think so
    Apple release a new version every year

5. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

While Apple has in the past refreshed Macbooks more than once a year (see the Buyer's Guide), I'd highly doubt that they would again before August. The Back to School promotion tends to get in the way of hardware updates.

6. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

Buy now. I don't think you're going to see anything before August.

7. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

We will get one more release before that happens...

8. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Nope, won't be another refresh until 2012. Might as well buy now.

9. iMackPro, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011

iMackPro macrumors 6502

No one knows for sure.

we are all speculating based on whats happened in the past, but based on the releases lately, pushing iPhone back, iPad 2. theres really no telling. But im willing to bet that since this release was such a leap forward, and it just happened, and they pushed back iPhone 5, that there will not be another release before August. Or even this year for that matter.

Just buy now, and besides even if there is another update, are you really going to need the stuff included in the update? i mean a 2.2 quadcore CPU with a SSD and a HD screen is more than enough for the avg user and is enough for most advanced users!

EDIT: Since they are about to refresh the iMac, and possibly the MacPro, i doubt they will honestly have time to form a revision of the 2011 MBP with all of these new things being produced. i mean think about it, around august they will have in production (or very close to it) an iPhone 5, iMac, MacPro, ( possibly, very unlikely but maybe) iPad?

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

2009 had two releases.

2010 did not.

2011 might not, given all the rumors that 2012's refresh will include a new case design.

Get one now -- but make sure you go to 'about this Mac' first thing and verify 10.6.7 is installed and not 10.6.6. I had problems with my first 2011MBP and it was at rev 10.6.6. The one I swapped it for had 10.6.7 and has been a delight (CPU temp under load is 88C max instead of the previous one's 95C (5000RPM in both cases), keyboard backlighting fairly even, etc.) Still runs fairly warm at 88C, but is nothing to complain about. Sustained >90C is.