MacbookPro and Itunes?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VA Vince, Apr 2, 2011.

1. VA Vince macrumors newbie

Just downloaded 3 new songs, synced my iphone and ipod. Now only the 3 songs will play on the macpro. All of the other files say can not be found. WTF, is this a normal problem? All of my itunes library has a ? mark next to the songs, except the 3 I just downloaded. Thats one of the biggest reasons I bought the macbook. I have th eIphone, Ipad and ipods. What gives.....

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

The ? means that the original files cannot be found. I am assuming you had a PC and transferred your library over to the MBP?

3. VA Vince thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, but that was 2 weeks ago. All was fine until I just synced my Iphone and Ipod to update the 3 songs. When I got the Macpro I copied my Itunes to a disk and loaded them to the pro. But that was a few weeks ago. I don't understand why its not reading them now after I got 3 new songs?

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

With iTune running go into PREFERENCES

Once you have iTunes PREFERENCES open, click on the ADVANCED tab.

Look there and it will tell you where iTunes is looking for music.

My guess is the three new songs went into another library that iTunes created because you did not correctly import the old library into iTunes.

If you old library ( one copied form PC ) is not where iTunes is looking, you should just IMPORT the old library into the new library.

To import the old into the new click on FILE ---> ADD TO LIBRARY the browse to where the old library is, select it and do the import.