MacBookPro conflicts on wireless with other Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bafforosso, Sep 18, 2009.

1. bafforosso macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

My brother's got an early 2008 MacBook Pro 17'' running on OSX 10.5.8, in his new room he shares the router with some other rooms. When he's connected alone or on the same time than PCs or iPod Touch he doesn't get any problem. But as soon as there's another Mac that tries to connect, both of the Macs start to connect and disconnect immediately and continuously, sometimes popping up messages like "impossible to connect, wait a minute".
    The router is a Thomson.

Does anybody has some idea on how to solve the problem???

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I was going to say to make sure that both Macs are not configured to use the same static IP, but you would get an error on one or both saying there's another computer with the same IP address on the network...neg that. Maybe try updating the firmware on the Thompson? Also I remember there was an issue not too long ago where having RealPlayerDownloader in the login items of any computer system on the network would cause issues with the wireless connectivity of other devices on the same network. It may only have been with AirPort base stations but it's worth a shot.