MacbookPro. entering password to no avail. desperate.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Davidas, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Davidas macrumors newbie

my Macbook pro (07 model) was going strong since around april when i purchased it this year, up until about 2 months ago i turned it on, it done everything as per usual. after the white screen with apple logo in the middle, for around 5-10 seconds it blinked from two shades of blue every few seconds and then came up with the User Password enter screen.

I enter the correct password, it goes from the password screen to a blue screen, then back to the password enter screen. im 100% sure its the correct password. when i type something else in there i know isnt the password the window shakes to show me its the incorrect password.

when i purchased i was at the point where i was determined to get it as fast as possible and didnt get apple care. i know, stupid me. im at the point now where i dont even mind losing everything i have/had on there. ide just like it to work again.

If anyone could tell me what i could do, anything i could do to reset this. maybe just run the battery flat? im not sure. ill try anything

Thanks in advance,
    David

2. ra noodle Guest

dividas

my god, i thought i was the only person who had this problem, are you in USA?
    I am, and I signed up with AT&T for ethernet service in Jan 08, they gave me a motorola modem 2210 that they admitted every so often it wouldn't respond right, or something like this; but like I said this happens to me at least once a month and calling AT&T tech service is having a bunch of asylum idiots jerk you around....they have repeatedly told me I was making mistakes typing my email name and password-and sometimes I did, I do have problems there. But there are persons in this "AT&T tech support" that are absolutely inmates from an asylum, especially one oriental female tech that enjoys jerking you around....they blame me and or they blame Apple or that Safari is the problem.....yet once one 3rd level tech found the problem and he said that a link enabling the connection between your Apple and the internet via AT&T had been shut off..and I thought this is where the problem is-the truth came out once and every tech since has f-ed with me over and over. This means it's not me, not our Apple product but that someone is able to turn off a link that's supposed to be on for the online to complete...and it my suspicion AT&T techs all know this and refuse to reset this link....its always been blaming me or the computer or Safari---take it into AppleCare was the last comment made by Intego when I asked them how was it someone was able to "walk" through your firewall and do this--Intego wouldn't answer me....frankly Intego's tech support isn't very smart either--or else they know the problem too and don't want to admit it.
    -my two cents

3. Davidas thread starter macrumors newbie

im in Australia.

ive done a bit of searching and im currently re-installing my OSX to see if it works. i got a little confused with your post 'ra noodle' to be honest, i cant get into my computer at all. not to mention the internet

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I think you have up to a year to get Apple care, so if your MBP isn't a year old yet, I beleive you can still get it.

5. Davidas thread starter macrumors newbie

oh ok. thanks for that! will look into it for christmas then,

i ended up just reinstalling OSX and its seemed to do the trick

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I found this in another thread, it has apple care pretty cheap and I'll probably check them out also.

http://www.lacomputercompany.com/

7. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I don't know why people are talking about Applecare. It sounds like a software problem. So it actually logins in but then quits? Sounds like there is something messed up in your account or some software running at login that is crashing.

Do you have another account on the machine you can login into and does that work? Boot from your OS install CD and run Disk Utility to check the drive for any damage.